Thursday, April 30, 2009


Monday 27 April

Tulips are springing out from the ground! :)

Went to Nat Bailey Stadium just down south of our place: UBC Thunderbirds v Lewis-Clark State Warriors. It was sorta Thunderbirds' warm-up game for regionals. It was originally $4 entry but by the time I got my butt off the sofa and down to the stadium, they were playing 6th inning so it was 2/3 over...and the guy just let me in for free :) Was a good thing too - didn't wanna really stay and watch for 3 hours!

My first baseball game I watched was back in 2006, and we were sitting SO far up I couldn't really see the action, except from the big screen. But this was a non-pro college friendly, so I could get really close to the action! The skills were good enough for me to try and observe their play! It was exciting nonetheless :) Definitely not the same atmosphere as pro games like the Indians I saw in Cleveland, but it was interesting to watch :)

Pitcher no. 12 from UBC - he was fantastic! Very consistent, and 'out-ted' at least 2 batters!

Gearing up for the swing!

Baseball players are HUGE. They looked so tall and intimidating! Well, so are the umpires...in a different way. They all had huge tummies...they looked like they were going to tip over any second.


Final score: 11-2 to UBC!

I was so tickled at how they manually change the score teeheehee. There are actually people behind the scoreboard to change the numbers. What a boring job...hope they get to at least watch a bit of the game.


(As I was cycling back) Pretty street!

Passed by Vancouver Community College - it has a city campus, with a small greenery but overlooking the city...beautiful view.

Tuesday 28 April

Tuesday is house dinner - Ingrid grilled salmon! Oh yum.

Wednesday 29 April

Yay! She received the flowers :) Happy Birthday Mum! 
Wish we could be there...

I wanted to be cultured and attend a free string quartet lecture concert at UBC. And I didn't wanna spend $$ taking the bus, so I ambitiously decided to cycle from the East side, all the way to the West where UBC campus is.

14km. I think I was mad.

This was where I officially gave up, and got off to walk for the first time. I was already near UBC, but I just couldn't bike up this hill!

I was utterly confused biking on the streets of Vancouver...it wasn't anything like Copenhagen at all - no structure no fixed lanes. In cph you had to have hand signals, and you had to cross the street before you turned left etc. Here when I cycled on the road the buses honked at me. When I cycle on the pavement the pedestrians block me...and I felt kinda silly wearing a bike helmet and cycling on the pavement -_-

Was a nice park bench where I decided to rest...a sweet dedication to a couple.

I FINALLY reached...after 2 hours! @_@ Was a good work out I must say...probably won't do it again. I'll just pay for the bus ride :p So I met up with Jason & Jie, but by then we were 15min late for the lecture concert, and it was kind of a private setting so it wasn't nice to go in...so we just headed straight for dinner :p So much for being cultured!

Heading towards Jason's truck. I couldn't cycle no more...so he took over!

Vancouver School of Theology (VST)
the other theology grad school.

MEGA tulips...the size of our heads!
(I like this picture :))

Prayer Labyrinth

You're supposed to walk and meditate...very cool. I only had time to walk till there :( 

Still walking to Jason's truck parked at Regent...
Jie decided to hitch a ride! :) I like this pic too!

We went to Dentry's for dinner where I had fish & chips and 12 wings :p I was hungry after so much bikiiing. It was Jason's friend's birthday - didn't know majority of the people there, but it was nice to see a familiar face from last year. Looking forward to the class I'm auditing at the end of May - Spiritual Discernment!

No comments: